Saturday, December 29, 2012

Email #1: FROM THE FIELD

Where do I start??? i cant think right now because I just ate so much food for lunch.... ughhhhh i cant even breathe.,... all the blood is in my stomach right now... haha .... alright... here we go...

So I am out of the CTM.... I have been transferred to Porto Alegre... I am serving in Pelotas Tres Vendas....  Dont ask what that means... I just work here...  

I met with my mission president... Presidente Castro... ya he´s pretty cool.  So we got oriented then we met our new companions... Elder Mayo and I were broken up....  The dream team separated... Its all good though because he later ended up being in my zone haha cool huh....  

WEll i met my comp... Elder Tafarel... Pure bred brazilian .....  We said hello and got on a bus and rode 4 hrs to Pelotas then took a taxi....  arrived to our place and i unpacked.... i did that all while in a suit....  i about passed out...

The apt is nice... no crazy spiders, snakes, lizards, bears, tigers, just an Elan and 3 Brazilians.... so about as bad as it gets lol.... The elders i live with are E. Tafarel, E. Melo, and E. Aires.... Theyre all crazy.... i love it... but no worries cuz we still get work done.... So we dont really have food around the house so that is dumb sauce.... we all know how much i like to eat.... on the upside we have an electric shower... Electricty. Water.  I dont know a better way to wake someone up....  hahah well i havent been shocked yet... still not looking forward to that.... 

The first day we had a zone conference.... I think thats what it was called... i met all the other missionaries.... they are all pretty cool.... i find it hecka hard to speak in portuguese to the americans because I KNOW they speak english.... buuuuut ya .... i need some english relief some of the time nawmsayn? haha welllllllllllll after that my comp n I went tracting.... awesome!


We went around and I met some families in the ward.... They are all so cool!  I drank some ChimarrĂ£o.... soooohoooo good.  its literally ground up hay (for horses) and hot water.... the cups they use are awesome... Im gonna buy one before I leave....  i mclove it.  We´re not allowed to make it at the apt because missionaries just sit around all day and drink it... haha i can see where they are coming from....

Lets talk about the food now...... oohoooo yaaaaa.... the main meal here is lunch so everyday members make us lunch.... I dont even know where to start... Every meal is just amazing... Everyone here knows how to cook....  I went to a churrasco at a members house... that was fun.. We drank gauranĂ¡, played guitar, played brazilian music, and ate.  The food was amazing... there were like 10 elders just having a great time.....

       So it hit me finally that I was in brazil when a little kid was trying to talk to me... I felt like Nemo´s dad when he´s cruising the EAC.... "youre really cute but I dont know what youre trying to say!!!!"  hahaha The people here are really nice.  Very loving and cool......  Soooo I heard this area is 2nd to last with the most baptisms.... I guess we try to re-activate more than baptize.... idk... im thinking imma change that to reactivate 100 and baptize 100 a week.... hahahah we´ll see,,

The other day I was visiting a family and I was leaving a message.... I started getting all spiritual bearing my testimony and then out of nowhere a little kid ran into the house and yelled BOO!  haha his face was covered in white plaster stuff.... top 10 funniest things ive ever seen... Lucas was his name... that kid is so cute... he couldnt shaka to save his life.... haha poor guy lol....  My other fan is Dominique.... Hes 9 years old and he looks up to me alot... I showed him my breakdance moves and he loves it....  he always comes to me and talks when Im around... he tries to teach me portuguese too... its really cool. THe mission is humbling... haha...... what else....  Oh ya we had a Christmas party.... that was so fun.  Members here know how to have a good time... haha the stake center is HUGE.... it is more built vertical... its only 2 stories but the ceilings everywhere are almost 20 ft high haha ... . wellllllll what else.... my comp has a guitar and i have my uke so we jam when th

I am so thankful for this opportunity I have to serve the Lord...  Im doing all I can to make you guys happy.... Theres no where else I~d rather be... I know this church is true..  Ive never been so happy before in my life... Im so happy,  I know that happiness comes from sharing the gospel.... Thanks for everything and for all your support!!! Love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment